Kids’ Morning Fun
The mornings start early with fishing on the dock for all eager young early risers. Bayside Fisher-Dads encourage the kids to catch and kiss those fish before releasing them back to Green Lake.
Bayside kids can also take the polar bear plunge in the morning or enjoy more relaxing morning exercise such a yoga or zumba… or sleeping in...
After breakfast, the Pilgrim Center (PC) offers lots of activities! PC counselors listen to our campers and organize the week’s activities around their interests. Opportunities for fun include:
Sailing Lessons with available boats
- 12 kayaks
- 2 large canoes
- 4 opties
- 12 sunfish
- 1 catamaran
- 2 lasers
- 1 paddleboat
- Other assorted large sail boats
Boulder climbing wall
Nine square in the air
Gaga ball pit
Bicycles (8 - 10 adult sized)
Dedicated craft room
Playing field for outdoor games
Bayside is, if nothing else, about kids! So we do our best to arrange fun stuff for kids of all ages (through age 19), with age-appropriate groups, activities, and supervision for three hours every morning. Each year, we divide the age groups and their programming/activities depending on the families enrolled. Generally...
Teens’ and Tweens' Morning Program
Campers ages 12+ have several options:
- Mature teens are invited to attend adult morning worship and workshops if interested
- Attend Kids’ Program (see below)
- Attend Teen Program led by Pilgrim Center counselors. Activities include (but are not limited to) sailing lessons, waterfront activities, arts and crafts, music making, challenge course, and field games.
- Sleep 'til noon, comb their hair over their eyes, mumble unintelligible responses to adult conversation, and become disagreeable and antisocial. (Hey, those connections to their prefrontal cortex take a while to mature; we understand that.)
Kid’s Morning Program
Campers ages 8+:
- Pilgrim Center counselors organize age-appropriate games and activities such as waterfront activities, arts and crafts, naturalist programs, field games, rock climbing wall, newcomb competitions.
- Not sleep 'til noon, comb their hair over their eyes, mumble unintelligible responses to adult conversation, and become disagreeable and antisocial.
Children’s Morning Program
Campers ages 4+:
- Participate in a program of organized activities led by a Pilgrim Center counselor. This includes games, hikes, arts and crafts, nature workshops, playing in the sand and swimming!
Campers ages 2–3:
- Childminding for the 2–3 year old set will be provided by one (or more) of our über-enthusiastic (and experienced) tween and teen campers.